This blog is created to support conversation generated from and about the learning process for MA Professional Practice (MAPP) in the Faculty of Arts and Creative Industries (ACI) at Middlesex University.

Friday 9 March 2018

Literature reviews

A Literature Review - reviews the literature. It is like standing in the library and saying "these shelves are books and journals on aspects of xxxx", "these shelves are by people who have xxx perspective". It is not about one or two books. A Literature Review overviews what is out there and gives you a context for where you stand. It then helps you with how you analyse.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you. Now looking forward to searching for interesting material.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you, Adesola! Now, I need to review on my methodology and methods!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you after reading Helens blog today in regards to drafts ( Saturday 16th Nov 2019 ) I was still struggling with the literature review. This article guided me in the right direction. Thank you for the guidance you both give, to ask bigger and more informed questions. These blogs are always where I come back to time and time again when I cant find where I am going. Now back to analysing my research for my Literature review.
    Great post thank you

    ReplyDelete