This blog is created to support conversation generated from and about the learning process for MA Professional Practice (MAPP) in the Faculty of Arts and Creative Industries (ACI) at Middlesex University.

Friday 27 February 2015

One thing

This post is about exchanging one thing - one idea.

My one idea is: I have just been thinking about dance that comes from islands and how the influence of water impacts the movement and conception of the dancing body. My context is very land-based I feel a connection with the land when I dance: it is how I conceptualise pull-up. I wonder how this would be affected by the islands/ocean.

What one thing are you thinking about - can you comment with:
One AOL you are thinking about
or
One question to inquire about
or
One surprise or thought as you start to inquiry

What are you thinking about?
Adesola

2 comments:

  1. Hi Adesola,
    I've been to quite a lot of very small islands including Easter Island, and when I was there I often felt like I was on a raft, floating in the sea rather then on solid ground. Quite vulnerable, a sense of instability, without the weight of an anchor or a continental land mass to keep everything still.

    My one idea is: I've been thinking about how the precence of a video camera impacts on people's behaviour and movement in a dance environment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is interesting to think about how the eye of the camera creates the Subject.
      Creates a Subject object relationship.
      What about as student filming yourself, where is the subject/object there.

      Delete