This blog is created to support conversation generated from and about the learning process for MA Professional Practice (MAPP) in the Faculty of Arts and Creative Industries (ACI) at Middlesex University.

Friday 23 October 2015

Conversations

Two things:
1. Our next group skype chat is November 1st 2015
London clocks go back on Sunday 25th October so be aware of that if you are outside UK and yours don’t change !!
We will have:
AM chat at 10am (time in London)
PM chat at 5pm (time in London)
Please comment below to indicate which one you will join.
(Make sure I have your skype address before the chat starts!!)

2. I have been having conversations with people about AoLs
Please read and comment on some of their posts on this:



Also see Alanna’s blog

After making your AoL list. Making a little summary for each AoL is helpful before you dive into one.

Example of a small summary
Notes to self:
AoL Supporting creative processes – Mentoring
Significant experiences and/or experiences that embodied the learning for me:
  • When I mentored Sally Burne in 2001 (drawing and writing experience)
  • When I was part of the MDX mentoring programme in 2012 (talking as a mode of reflection)
  • Etc


Elements, for me its something about
  • Communication
  • Listening
  • Being quiet
  • Being accessible
  • Being outside my own comfort zone
  • Etc…


Theory and texts that might link to:
  • Martin (2003) book on communication and other communication theory (will look at his bibliography)
  • Theory on Threshold Knowledge
  • Scully (1998) book on feedback and other theory on feedback (will look at her bibliography)
  • Theory on listening as a practice
  • Susan Cain (2013) “Quiet: The power of Introverts in the a World that can’t stop talking”
  • Points from the handbook on learning (Kolb) in terms of how I 'realized' my own learning in this but also in terms for how I facilitate learning as Mentor (what I think about facilitating not teaching as a mentor etc..)
  • Etc...


What do you think, find, feel….
Please comment

Adesola

12 comments:

  1. Thank you again Adesola for your help this morning. Here I am joining the conversation around AoLs.

    http://sustainablerisktaking.blogspot.ca/2015/10/embarking-on-aols.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to participate in the 10 am Skype please;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please put me down for 5pm, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Adesola, 5pm Skype call on 1st November please. Thanks, have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 10am Skype for me please :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would like to be in the 10 am conversation:) can't wait:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello! I would like to join the 10am discussion please.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alanna will participate in the 10am skype.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will be on for the evening Skype!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would like to join the 10am Sype please.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would like to join the the 5pm skye

    ReplyDelete