This blog is created to support conversation generated from and about the learning process for MA Professional Practice (MAPP) in the Faculty of Arts and Creative Industries (ACI) at Middlesex University.

Monday 6 February 2017

Starting back - dates and Sunday

The winter break is almost over. MAPP starts back on February 13th. We are taking this week to unofficially start back - check you have handbooks and up-coming dates etc...
below is an overview of dates for this term. (you'll notice a new feedback for drafts deadline...

You will notice we have our first Sunday of the month discussion group meeting on Sunday 12th (this Sunday). We have two time
11am (in London)
&
5pm (in London)
Please comment below to let us know which one you will join. Please also put some thoughts about what you will be talking about so we can all think about the subject before the discussion. It gives us some preparation to talk time. Looking forward to getting back together again.


MAPP DTP dates to remember Feb 2017 to May 2017
NOTE dates are subject to change watch Adesola & Helen’s blogs for up-dates and changes.

Date
Times (in London)
What
Notes
Feb.
3rd
7pm
Induction skype for those starting Module One

Feb
6th

Unofficial start of MAPP
Get yourself sorted out with blogs, blog posts, schedule etc…
Feb 12th
11am
&
5pm
Skype Discussion Group
Sign-up on Adesola’s blog post prior to the date to indicate which time you will attend.
Feb 13th

Week one
This is a 12  week term.
March 5th
11am
&
5pm
Skype Discussion Group
Sign-up on Adesola’s blog post prior to the date to indicate which time you will attend.
By March 26th

Draft of ALL AOLs to be submitted are due.
Draft AOLs will be given feedback on the feedback sheet. Final AOLs submitted must address the feedback within the AOL itself and be handed in with a response on the feedback sheet attached to the end of the AOL. Feedback on AOLs will be given back by April 9th.
April 2nd
11am
&
5pm
Skype Discussion Group
Sign-up on Adesola’s blog post prior to the date to indicate which time you will attend.
By
April 13th

Draft of Module Two plan due.
Draft of Module One  Reflective Essay due
Draft will be given feedback on the feedback sheet. Final work submitted must address the feedback within the paper itself and be handed in with a response on the feedback sheet attached to the end of the paper. Feedback on drafts will be given back by April 20th.
May
1st

Week 12
Last week of term starts May 1st 2017
May
7th
11am
&
 5pm
Skype Discussion group
Sign-up on Adesola’s blog post prior to the date to indicate which time you will attend.
May 12th

Hand-in for this term
All work must be submitted by this date.
May 20th
11am – 3pm
MAPP presentations
Some module twos, along with MAPP alumni will be presenting work. (preparation for Module Three)

14 comments:

  1. As per email, I'd like to join the 5pm Skype please (holiday wifi permitting!). For my research I'm thinking of looking at the different attitudes towards children with physical or visible disabilities within community dance so would be interested in other teachers views please

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure who you are!! I need to know for the skype address. Do you want to email me???

      Delete
  2. Hello Adesola!!
    I would be joining at 11 am skype on Sunday the 12th February. I would like to discuss few things about module one submission process..analyzing turnitin report, my experiences with blog etc.as well as to understand how to begin our research inquiry process. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey,
    Looking forward to the next skype call would love to join the 5pm chat talking about specifying areas of interest regarding research.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be joining the 11 am session Sunday. I will be asking any questions I have in regard to the first assessment and AOL - specifically APEL. Also I will be talking about interests regarding research.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Adesola, I would like to join the 5pm session please. I would like to discuss with others how much should we adapt to our pupils/students personalities? A recent event has we wondering (for the first time!), should I try and adapt my personality to who I am teaching?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Adesola, I would like to join the 11am session on Sunday please. I will be talking about reflecting more critically in relation to my recent feedback

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would like to join the 11am session.My question is how to discern when personal experience is actually professional and how best we may clear blurred lines.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,
    I would like to join the 11am Skype call.
    Looking forward to hearing about others' research / thoughts etc.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Please could I join at 5pm if I am back from work? I would like to discuss AOLs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not know who this is from RED. You can email me to let me know what you blog address is called and then I will know in the future!!!
      Adesola

      Delete
  10. Hi, I would like to join the 5pm chat please. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would also like to discuss how to narrow down areas for research and the risk of looking for areas where we think that we can prove something we already know.

      Delete
  11. Hi I would like to join 5pm please and discuss how to narrow down areas for research

    ReplyDelete