This blog is created to support conversation generated from and about the learning process for MA Professional Practice (MAPP) in the Faculty of Arts and Creative Industries (ACI) at Middlesex University.

Monday 18 November 2019

Making meaning ...


Looking at your practice whatever it identity it as 'making' is involved at some level. It is important to consider your approach to making (like your approach to learning - making understanding). Thinking about choreography or making and the different ways artists approach the making process. This is an interesting imagined  're-enactment' of the creative process of one maker (Diaghilev) by another maker (Alston). 

4 comments:

  1. This was a really interesting watch, very thought provoking!
    I have blogged about the process of understanding and how Richard Alston's process has influenced me to think about how learning is generated.
    https://jessicatruslove.blogspot.com/2019/11/how-is-learning-generated.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely video and great to watch Richard Alston "re - enact" someone else's choreographic process.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favourite quote from Diaghilev; A journalist was discussing all the people he collaborated with, Nijinsky had done the choreography, Stravinsky the music, Picasso the set 'So Sergei, what do you do in the process
    Diaghilev thought for a moments and said 'I turn the lights off when they are finished'
    For me this highlights great collaboration and facilitation.
    Sadly I can't remember where I read it

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved watching this video, thank you for sharing. It has helped me to reflect on my own creative processes, and the methods of making that have been taught to me over the years in my own professional practice.

    ReplyDelete